With all of these travel resources on the internet, more and more people are booking their own reservations for both business and recreational travel. Is this a good thing?
Yes and No. It is good that you, the consumer, have taken the time to research your travel options. You are well informed and will have developed an idea for what you would like to purchase. But a travel agent, designer, or consultant can almost guarantee that a particular package fits your interests.
- With a travel agent, you don't have to haggle with airlines, vendors, or hotels regarding policies or rates and fares.
- A good travel agent has taken the time to study the product you are purchasing, along with the social, economic, and weather climate.
- Travel agents have access to resources that are unavailable to the general public. We have lists upon lists upon lists of contacts at all of the major tour companies, vacation destinations, and hotel companies. Because of this, they are likely to locate special deals and discount packages that you would not be able to find by searching on your own.
- Travel consultants will do the research for you. We will match packages that fit you. And for a low cost one time consulting fee, we will present to you, the best deal possible. Simply Pleasurable Travel does charge a one time non-refundable consulting fee of $50 for our research services. This charge will be applied to your booking. Why do we charge? Because we are providing you with the best service possible. Some object. That's the breaks. But just like your physician, wedding consultant, car technician, etc., charges a fee for their time, we do as well.
- You are more likely to get upgrades or coupons through your travel agent because well established industry relationships
- A good travel agent is aware of all travel restrictions. Say you want to travel abroad do you know for sure whether or not you need only a passport or if you will also need a visa for a certain country? Or do you know if any inoculations are required for traveling? Your travel agent knows all of these things and will be able to make sure that you have everything you need. Also, your agent can let you know about airline restrictions, such as carry-on baggage measurements and items you are allowed to bring in your luggage.
- Your travel agent is supportive and will go to bat for you. Say you get to your hotel and find that the hotel has lost your reservation. Or maybe the airline has lost your luggage. If you booked your own travel, guess who has to deal with the problem? You. But if you booked through a travel agent, all you need to do is give her a call and she will take care of the issue for you. That's a nice bonus, isn't it?
- If you're traveling in a group, guess who minimizes the hassle for you. Your travel agent. Your travel agents will be the one to take late night phone calls, answer questions you're unable to answer, collect money, contact the vendor, etc.